Ну и неделя [what a week]. It’s been both good and bad, so I will make a list of what has happened. (The main reason I’m making a list is to show of my HTML skillz and make sure I don’t forget how to code lists in HTML!)
- I got my job back! This is excellent news. The not-so-excellent news is they’ve hired another person on the team. He’s very nice, but… I can’t really say anything more because of that old adage our parents teach us: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
- We are getting super-high-speed internet at our house – finally! We were supposed to get it on Tuesday though, and we did not because Large National Internet and Phone Company kept rescheduling for no good reason.
- My personal statement for grad school isn’t as good as I thought it would be. But better to discover this now, while I still have time to revise it, than later, right?
- I have been reading literary works in Russian since Wednesday and my reading and writing skills in Russian are terrible, so I can forget about any language lust now. I can’t afford to lust after other languages because my Russian still needs improvement. It looks like I will be reading a lot of Russian books this summer…
- I really, really don’t want to study my GRE math. How did I ever survive actual math in school? Looking back, I took a lot of math: I made it to AP Calculus (and pulled off a 5 on the exam). But math is so boring! And therefore I am uninspired to work on it.
- To end on a good note, I have had my first conversation in Croatian over the internet!
How was your week?