I found this review somewhere (I can’t remember where) and thought I’d use it to write about my year.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Started grad school.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept some of them. I wrote a lot (I even finished a novel!). Some I did not keep, including the one to be the top student in my masters program. Yeah… that definitely didn’t happen.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Reading, writing, listening to classical music.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Two beloved pets. 😦
5. What countries did you visit?
I’ve been in my native United States the entire year!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A decent full-time job and peace of mind.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 14, the date I moved to Texas.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I can’t choose just one! Finishing my first novel (and getting a decent first draft of another), drastically improving my Russian, and making university honor roll while studying a brand-new subject all stand out.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not playing violin enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sorry, I don’t talk about personal health issues in a public forum like my blog.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I really didn’t buy very much… probably Kindle books.
12. Where did most of your money go?
The usual: tuition, rent, books.
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger”. It may be an old song, but it’s a good one and I listened to it a lot during the semester.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing, knitting, violin playing.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Facebook and Tumblr browsing. (That’s why I’m deleting my Tumblr in 2014.)
16. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t watch TV.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Oh yes, most definitely.
18. What was the best book you read?
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
A Royal Affair. It’s an excellent film.
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I stayed home, read, and ate a sandwich that my mom had delivered to my apartment. It was glorious.
22. What kept you sane?
In no particular order: my family, the Russian language, classical music, and writing.
23. Who did you miss?
All my college friends and my best friend E.
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
25. What does 2014 hold for me?
Graduation, the publication of my first novel, and hopefully a job!