Thank you to Melanie Noell Bernard at her eponymous blog who nominated me for a blog award. Here are the rules:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
So here goes… 7 facts about me!
1. When I was sixteen, I wanted to be a Dante scholar. We read The Inferno in English class and I really liked it, apparently. Obviously, that didn’t pan out. I’m working in a bank and can’t speak a word of Italian.
2. When I was little, I used to write stories featuring my family’s pets. Our two cats made it into a novel I was working on. Said novel also had vampires. The cats could talk and yes, it was as awesome as it sounds.
3. I speak two languages fluently. I’d love to add another to the mix, but I haven’t had the time recently. Plus, I love my current foreign language (Russian) so much that spending time with other languages feels like wasting time since I could be using that time to improve my Russian more.
4. I’ve played violin since I was eleven. I picked it up for school, started taking private lessons, and have never stopped playing. I haven’t had a private lesson in a few years, though, and that’s something I’d love to get back into.
5. One of my favorite things to do is knit and crochet. I don’t talk about it on this blog very much because I feel like it doesn’t fit with my blog’s material very well. Admittedly, I’ve been changing what topics I write about recently, so maybe this would be a good time to introduce some crafts on here…
6. I’ve lived all over the United States, including places in the northeast, southeast, midwest, and Texas. I don’t know if Texas counts as the southwest or not, so we’ll just leave it at that. Out of all those places, I think the midwest was my favorite and Texas was my least favorite. (Sorry, Texans!)
7. My dream is to be a published author someday. I’ve written quite a few novels, most of them bad. I’m revising the least-bad one right now.
And now for nominees:
1) Jennifer at Tales from the Terminal
2) Jennie at Jennie n’est plus en France
3) Christina at The Rolling Writer
4) Zsuzsi at Zsuzsi’s Playground
5) Kiera at Chapters in Flux
I look forward to reading everyone’s responses!