Through Melanie’s blog, I found a cool thing called Top Ten Tuesday hosted on a blog called The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a weekly feature of ten things inspired by a prompt. (Of course, it doesn’t have to be ten if you don’t want it to be.) Today’s theme is 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me. Without further ado, here are some of my random bookish wishes. I didn’t make it to ten, but that’s okay.
- More books in the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines universe. Seriously, I can’t get enough of Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series and the spin-off sequels, Bloodlines. One thing I like about Richelle’s books (I haven’t actually met her, but I’m pretending like I’m on first name terms with her because she’s just that awesome) is how vivid the characters are. I feel like they’re real people I know—and in some cases, want to be friends with. I want another six books set in this universe because I completely love the world she’s created. Come on, Richelle: I know I’m not the only fan who feels this way, so help a sister out and write some more books with Rose and Dimitri and Sydney and Adrian, okay? 🙂
- More Enderverse books from Orson Scott Card. I’m kind of obsessed with Orson Scott Card. I was hooked on Ender’s Game in eighth grade and have read it many times since. I love it because it makes me think something different every single time. Now, this wish may actually come true: I’m pretty sure Orson is working on another set of books to go with these books, but I want that series right now. I need to find out what else happens!
- Going off that prior point, I’d love for Orson Scott Card to read some of my fiction and offer advice/criticism. He’s one of my favorite writers, so that would be OMG AMAZING if it ever happened.
- More time to read some classic books I haven’t read yet, such as The Count of Monte Cristo. My job tends to take away from my reading time, so I’d ask the Book Genie to supplement my days a bit so I could fit everything in.
- A massive library. As much as I love the public library, I want my own personal library. Since the Book Genie can do anything, according to our prompt, I’m going all out. I want something huge and multi-story and full of books I read: genre fiction, academic books on Russian linguistics, and other good stuff like that.
Yes, I know that’s only five, but my bookish wishes are simple. Basically, just give me more books in series I enjoy reading and I’ll be pretty happy. Oh, and an email from Orson Scott Card. Because he’s awesome and basically everything I want to be as a writer.