I’m happy to say that the new job I started back in March is going amazingly well. I expected it to be good, but it’s been better than good. It’s awesomely, amazingly good. Here’s a list, in no particular order, of everything I love about it.
- My department is professional and refreshingly normal. No nonsense is tolerated: excessive personal phone calls, rampant visible tattoos (we’re not an industry that’s really into tattoos and weird piercings), and long periods of just not working.
- I actually have things to do. They give me work to do, I do it, and if I finish sooner than expected, there’s always something else for me to do. It’s awesome.
- My manager is really, really good. We talk almost every day, even if it’s just a brief chat and some small talk. He sometimes comes over to say hi when I’m at my desk. At my previous job, I could go weeks without even speaking to my manager.
- My coworkers are SO nice. And they’re very competent, too. (Being competent is one of the highest compliments in my world, so trust me, this is a very good thing!)
- Everyone at the company is nice, even random people I meet on elevator rides. Overall, morale at the company is pretty high.
- Did I mention all the interesting projects I’ve been able to work on? I haven’t been at this job for very long, but I’ve already worked on so many interesting things and I love it!
Seriously, I love this job and it’s great! Now if only they’d let me bring my knitting to meetings… I promise I can knit and listen at the same time!😉