A fellow classical music lover nominated me for a blog award a few weeks back. I think it was right around the time I moved, so I haven’t had a chance to sit down and write something for it. It’s called the One Lovely Blog Award—thanks for the nomination, Cymbrie!
The first part of the award involves nominating other bloggers. I never know who to nominate for these things, so I’m just going to say that if you’re reading this and have a blog, feel free to participate. Consider yourself nominated! 🙂 The next part involves sharing random facts about yourself. I don’t think there’s any hard and fast number, so I’ll just share several. Feel free to share as many as you like. Oh, and if you participate, link back to me so I can go read your post!
- I can sing the Christmas song Silent Night in three languages: English, Russian, and French. Don’t ask why—it’s sort of a long story. And no, if I meet you in person, I won’t sing it for you. I’d be too embarrassed!
- I’ve lived in more US states than I care to admit and also lived abroad for a year. In fact, this blog was born during my time abroad.
- Classical music is one of my favorite things in the world.
- I got hooked on learning Russian when I was at university and have studied it ever since.
- Returning to the classical music theme, I play the violin. I don’t get to play as often as I’d like, but I still love playing anyway.
- I write fiction a lot in my spare time. I’ve completed quite a few novels, but nothing publication-worthy… yet.
- One of my favorite hobbies is knitting and crocheting. I’ve amassed quite a collection of scarves over the years, all of which I rotate through in the winter.
Fellow bloggers, don’t forget to share your posts!